Gallup has released it’s Well-Being Index, based upon 176,000 randomly selected adults across the country. Each was asked to rank their happiness on a scale of 1-10, on the following 5 elements:
- Purpose: enjoying what you do daily and being motivated to achieve your goals.
- Social: having supportive relationships and love in your life.
- Financial: managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security.
- Community: enjoying where you live, feeling safe and having community pride.
- Physical: having good health and energy to accomplish things daily.
Top 10 Happiest U.S. Cities:
- North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, California
- El Paso, Texas
- Austin-Round Rock, Texas
- Provo-Orem, Utah
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, California
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, Washington, D.C.-Virginia-Maryland-West Virginia
- Winston-Salem, North Carolina
#1 – Sarasota-Bradenton – I can easily understand, from having lived there in the late 80s. I used to call Sarasota, “The Little…
View original post 206 more words