ABC reports TLC’s “19 Kids and Counting” was pulled off the air for now. The show hasn’t been canceled yet. This comes one day after Josh Duggar, 27, responded to reports he inappropriately touched minors several years ago. An In Touch story featured a 2006 police report from the Springdale Police Department who investigated the alleged incidents. The report was expunged on Thursday at the request of a judge because a victim could be identified directly or indirectly. Josh admitted to People Magazine and on Facebook the following:
“Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends…I sought forgiveness from those I wronged.”
He said he and those affected went to counseling. He said the authorities were also informed of the alleged incidents.
Josh admitted the alleged actions to his father several years ago. He resigned from his position at the Family Research Council, a pro marriage and pro life Christian organization based in Washington DC. The organization recognizes marriage between one male and one female.
His wife, Ana knew about the alleged incidents before they were married. She said the following to People Magazine:
“I can imagine the shock many of you are going through reading this. I remember feeling that same shock. When my family and I first visited the Duggar home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes.”
The show was on the air since 2008. It’s one of TLC’s highest rated programs. The family is known for being conservative Christians who are against using birth control. When the show began, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar had 17 kids. They had two more children since then.
TLC recently cancelled “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” because a character was allegedly dating a convicted child molester.