Thank you so much to Nostalgia Pie for nominating me for my very first Liebster Award a few days ago!
For those of you who have never heard of The Liebster Award before, it’s an online award given to (usually new) bloggers (generally with less than two hundred followers) by other bloggers. Accepting the award means adhering to a few rules which normally involve answering 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you, adding 11 facts about yourself, then nominating between 3-11 bloggers and asking them 11 questions of your own.
So I will gladly be following the above but before I do that I will be taking a little time out to thank Nostalgia Pie for nominating me.
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I’m a crazy Virgo ;).
2. I’m usually not a morning person. I usually have to force myself to get out of bed in the morning in order to go to work.
3. I like all types of books, movies and music.
4. I’m left handed but write with my right thanks to some crazy and mean nuns at a private Catholic school I attended as a child. They forced me to write with my right hand because it’s a sin to use your left.
5. Although I may appear to look mean or upset sometimes, I’m usually not.
6. I’m a very chill and mellow person unless I get super upset. I scream and throw things if I’m upset.
7. My favorite season is summer unless it gets too humid.
8. I get depressed if it rains or snows for more than a couple of days. I could never live anywhere where it constantly snows or rains for months.
9. I don’t like wearing dresses to work only on special occasions. I wear slacks or capris with a nice blouse and heels.
10. I used to read between 15 and 20 books a week when I was a kid.
11. I worked as a drink server at Route 66 Casino in Albuquerque, New Mexico back in 2008 and 2009. It was one of my favorite jobs. I met people from all over the world.
MY QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
1. You’re president/prime minister of your country. What’s the first law you’d pass? I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, legalize marijuana in every state.
2. What would be your last meal? Ohh man, this is a hard one! I’ll go with steak and shrimp, fries, salad and a brownie with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge for dessert. I’d drink a couple of margaritas too.
3. What’s your favorite era? The 80s!
4. If you could learn another language, what would it be and why? German because I have a couple of friends and family who live in Germany.
5. What’s your favorite film genre? I like most but I’ll go with comedy. I like action and drama too.
6. Who would play you in a film about your life? Yikes, I guess Jodi Foster.
7. If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be? Going into the Air Force instead of staying behind for my son’s father.
8. Apart from your own, name a blog that you think is completely and utterly fantastic. Aww! There’s a few that I read daily. There’s a lot of very good ones out there. The ones I read daily are by the following: Ritu from But I Smile Anyway (she is a complete sweetheart), Painkills2 from All Things Chronic. I consider both of these ladies friends. Thumbup from Live, Love,Laugh. She has great photos and she’s hilarious. She is another fellow blogger and friend. I also like The Blog of Tony Burgess. I agree with a lot of his views on current events. He posts good pictures too. A very positive and inspiring blog is Dream Big, Dream Often. I know I’m missing a lot of others too. I also frequent the bloggers I nominated. The following blogs are also welcome to participate as well 🙂 I know a couple of these blogs do not accept awards.
9. Which show were you addicted to as a kid? The Wonder Years. I still like it 🙂
10. You’re at a party. What song makes you head for the dance floor? Fireball by Pitbull.
11. What’s your most overused phrase? Whatever! My boyfriend tells me not to say it but do I listen? Lol.
Here are your questions
1. If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?
2. Who’s been a positive role model in your life?
3. What do you like about your hometown?
4. What is the best meal you can prepare?
5. What’s your favorite chore to do at home?
6. What’s your favorite book?
7. What’s the very first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
8. What’s your favorite fruit or vegetable?
9. How many times have you fallen in love?
10. What was your favorite game or toy as a child?
11. What’s your favorite beverage?
Congrats to those who have been nominated!