Hi everyone! I hope your Monday hasn’t been too bad! I want to thank my fellow blogging buddy, Erika for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award yesterday. Please feel free to follow her blog if you aren’t already! Her blog is extremely positive and uplifting! I make it a point to read it everyday! This is the second time I’m awarded this one! Congratulations to all of the nominations!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Attach the award to the post (right-click and save, then upload)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them
- Provide a link to the award post you created Award Post
My Blog & how it Started
I’ve been writing stories since I was 6 years old. I won first place for a story I wrote in first grade. Since then, I’ve enjoyed writing stories and poetry. I don’t really write poetry anymore. I like writing about current events, other people’s stories and about my life, the life of an El Paso Woman :). I took a five-year break from writing in 2010. My friend and fellow WP blogger, Ryan Loera, asked me if I would help him write in his blog and e-zine and I said yes! I eventually decided to start my own blog. I’ve worked as a reporter and freelance writer for many years throughout my life. I plan on writing a fiction book or two in the future. I am also looking for freelance writing opportunities at this time.
Some advice for Fellow Bloggers…
Be yourself and use your own voice whenever you are writing. You might think it sounds ridiculous or weird but I can guarantee someone out there will like it. Try not to be afraid of rejection. Keep writing/blogging during good or bad times! Writing will always be there for you. I consider writing my true friend and passion. People have come and gone from my life but writing will never leave me or my soul. I will continue being loyal to writing.
Congratulations! It’s no biggie if you don’t accept awards. Please just know I appreciate you and enjoy your blog.