OK OK I’ll admit it, I don’t like watching scary movies that often. I’m a little bit of a scaredy cat! Since there’s SO many movies out there, it was hard to only pick 10. Here is my list. Which movies do you enjoy and recommend for Halloween?
10. *The Blair Witch Project* I haven’t seen the movie since high school but I still recall the dark and scary woods. The camera’s movements made me a little bit dizzy. I remember the movie gave me a good scare. I don’t recommend the movie for children. However, if you and your significant other are bored, cuddle and watch it for kicks!
9. *Casper* The story has a cute plot and kiddie/puppy love story. OK, this one isn’t scary but it’s a fun one to watch with the family. The movie made me tear up a little bit.
8. *The Rocky Horror Picture Show* This movie makes me laugh every time I watch it. If you’re into musicals, you’ll either love it or think it’s ridiculous. To be honest, I thought it was stupid until I watched it a couple of times. I became a fan when I was about 17. The transgender and cheesy plot will probably make you laugh throughout. Let’s do the time warp! Anyone?
7. *The Nightmare Before Christmas* Aww a Tim Burton movie, need I say more? Although the title says Christmas, don’t be fooled. This is definitely a Halloween movie. This is Halloween!
6. *The Sixth Sense* The kid in the movie, well OK the whole thing still creeps me out and gives me chills. Let’s face it, the kid is on the weird side! The dark scenes and scary voices make it a good movie to watch during a date night at home. Keep this one away from the kids, especially if they’re younger than 12. “I see dead people.”
5. *Hotel Transylvania* I didn’t particularly care for the first one but the second part was great! The movie has a lot of jokes and great, colorful animation. Adam Sandler is a hilarious vampire. This one is a must see with the kids.
4. *Ghostbusters* I always enjoy seeing the colorful ghosts, especially the green one. Most of the characters are also weird, interesting and funny. This classic has become one of my son’s favorite movies. I don’t mind watching it with him.
3. *Harry Potter series* I love the magic and characters in all of the movies. However, my favorite of the series is the first one, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. The movies aren’t as good as the books. I recommend all of them for the family.
2. *Beetlejuice* Can you tell I’m a Tim Burton fan? It wasn’t always this way until later on in my life. Michael Keaton is hilarious as Beetlejuice. This will always be one of my favorite Tim Burton movies. Can you believe they’re making a sequel after all of these years? Winona Ryder confirmed it on late night television back in August. I don’t know if it was a good idea to bring the classic back but I’ll be watching it. I didn’t know if I was going to stick with Beetlejuice or Edward Scissorhands for my second place movie pick. I decided to go with Beetlejuice.
1 *The Witches* I’ve loved this movie and book since I was about 9 or 10. Angelica Huston is an evil and ugly witch with purple eyes! The witches can’t stand children and they make it very obvious in this British movie. They’re out to get them all! The Witches was one of Muppets creator Jim Henson’s last films before his death.