Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you’re having a good weekend! As for me, I ran errands and relaxed. As I mentioned yesterday, I wanted to share a recipe with you today. The recipe doesn’t involve any cooking whatsoever and it’s very easy to prepare. Besides cakes and pies, my family usually has fruit salad for dessert on Thanksgiving. Here’s my version of fruit salad. My recipe serves six to eight. If you want to serve more, I recommend doubling the ingredient amounts. Here it is below:
1 8 oz tub of Whipped Topping
1 10.5 oz can of fruit cocktail
1 8 oz can of mandarin oranges
2 cups of small white or multi-colored marshmallows (I recommend the colored marshmallows to give the dish a nicer presence).
1 1/2 half cups of sweetened coconut
1/2 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
- Drain cans of fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges.
- Combine whipped topping and marshmallows in a bowl.
- Stir in fruit with the whipped topping and marshmallows.
- Sprinkle coconut and nuts.
- Stir all ingredients.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate.