A friend of mine shared this easy recipe and snack with me on Facebook today. I always enjoy watching videos from the website, Tasty. They make everything fast and simple. You need the following ingredients below for Hasselback apples:
2 Granny Smith apples (any apples will do, I prefer these) of course you can use more.
1 teaspoon melted butter
1 teaspoon brown sugar
Half teaspoon cinnamon
1 cut square/slither of frozen butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoons sugar
A couple of scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel apples. Cut the apples in half. Remove the seeds from the apple. Slice apple halves lengthwise. Do not cut the apples in complete slices.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. When finished, brush or pour on top of the apples.
- Put the apples in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the frozen butter into small cubes. Mix it with the flour and sugar in a small bowl.
- After removing the apples from the oven, pour the frozen butter, flour and sugar on top of the apples.
- Bake the apples for an additional 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Remove the apples from the oven. Add one large scoop of vanilla bean ice cream while the apples are warm.