Hi everyone! A couple of blogging buddies nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award and a fun, new award called The Smiley Thumb Award 😀 A thank you goes out to Minaxi from Gameplan Happily Ever After for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Minaxi’s blog is always fun to read! She blogs about traveling around the world and maintaining a happy marriage. I enjoy her blog very much!
A thank you also goes out to David from Chape for the Smiley Thumb Award he created. David has a lot of excellent tips on how to properly exercise and eat healthy. He also includes workout music playlists. Please check out/follow these fantastic blogs if you haven’t already, you won’t be disappointed! Over several months, I received other awards. I plan on sharing other posts on them in the future! My WP son, Oy30 and Fabiola also nominated me for awards. I plan on doing additional posts at a later time. Oy30 is a very talented artist who writes about his life in Mexico. Fabiola is a 40-something from Mexico who features several Mexican recipes and traditions. Both blogs are excellent and I highly recommend them! Please take a look/follow their blogs if you aren’t already!
The Sunshine Blogger Award asks 11 random questions about myself. Here are Minaxi’s questions, my answers and my nominees below:
1. Favorite vacation place (which you have been/ in bucket list) My favorite vacation place so far is Rome. The people were so friendly and the food is SO delicious and mostly made from scratch. Besides the pasta, the wine, chocolate and ice cream was also very good. It’s a beautiful city with so much to see. I would love to retire in Rome or another Italian city when the time comes.
2. Top of your wish list currently? (can be anything) I would love for my car to get fixed! I’ve been without a car for a month now. I either have to walk or ask for a ride to get to my destination. I might start taking public transportation. I won’t tell you the other wish until it comes true. I’ll let you know later.
3. A person/memory/possession you are proud of the most in your life. There are so many! I would have to say I’m proud of my 10-year-old son, Jacob. He’s been through a lot in life already but he does well in school and has good manners. He’s also a pretty good runner when he sets his mind to it. His dad isn’t really in his life yet he continues to do well in school and life. I’m lucky to have a very strong support system who helps me with him a lot. They take care of him a lot and take him places. He spends a lot of time with my grandparents and one of my uncles. My family and a few friends have been extremely supportive towards me and my son, especially after my car accident last month. I’ve felt sick a lot and they understand if I want to rest and have alone time. My son has a hard time adjusting to new situations so my grandparents allow him to stay at their house. My mom has also helped me a lot through these hard times. She gives me rides to the doctor and store. She also helps me with my son. I’m truly grateful for all of my family’s help. I don’t think I can ever repay them for it.
4. Three qualities that define you (you can list more if you want) I would like to say I’m a decent writer, I work hard for what I really want in life and I’m a loyal person when it comes to friendships and relationships.
5. One weird fact about yourself It MUST be weird Hmm? I don’t know if this is weird enough but I like to drink pickle juice. I’ve even thought of freezing it in an ice cube tray and adding chili powder to it. LOL.
6. What can rebound you from sadness? I love to listen to music or clean.
7. Would you change anything about you? If so what trait? I wish I wasn’t so scatterbrained and more organized. I forget things a lot! If it’s really important, I have to write it down. I also need to work on not procrastinating so much.
8. What is the one thing that turns you off totally? I can’t stand fake people who pretend to like and befriend you while they’re plotting something evil against you. For example, getting you fired from your job.
9. When do you usually write? Like do you have any specific time daily for writing? I usually write early in the morning or late at night. It’s usually early in the morning before getting ready for my day job.
10. What posts do you wish to see more in the blogosphere? I follow so many interesting blogs! I’d love to see more music posts.
11. All-time favorite movie? (more than one is also fine. I understand :D) Saturday Night Fever, Urban Cowboy, The Notebook, The Wedding Singer, Rocky.
My Nominees are:
Since Minaxi’s questions are good, I’m going to use the same questions. I hope you’ll be able to participate in the fun! If you participate, please answer the questions. Feel free to use the same questions or come up with 11 of your own. Feel free to nominate as many bloggers as you’d like for this award.
The following are rules for the Smiley Thumb Award:
*Include the photo of the Smiley Thumb Award
*Thank the person who nominated you. Provide a link to their blog.
*Tell us what makes you smile. Music, food, spending time with people I love and writing make me smile.
*Nominate as many bloggers as you’d like.
*Include these rules in your post.
My nominees for the Smiley Thumb Award are the following bloggers:
Feel free to check out/follow these blogs!