Hi everyone! I want to give a big thanks to two of my blogging sisters, Sharon from Element Healing and Erika Kind. They nominated me for the MakeItUltra Blogger Award this weekend! I’m really honored to accept this award twice! I encourage you to check out/follow their blogs, you won’t be disappointed! Here is the meaning of the award below:
The MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for quality content, originality and presentation. The intention of this award is to encourage connectivity and support in the blogging community and to increase exposure for individual bloggers.
Here are the rules:
If you have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and choose to accept it, write a blog post about the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award in which you:
* Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Take a moment to positively promote the person who nominated you.
* Display the award on your blog by adding it to your post and/or displaying it using a widget on your page (Save the image to your computer and upload it to your blog post). Don’t forget to use the tag #MyUltraAward when you make your post!
* Answer the following MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award questions.
*What is your name? Lisa Michelle Amaya. It’s rare that anyone calls me by my middle name.
*Where are you from? Lol. I’m sure you probably already know because of the name of this blog! I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. El Paso is a border town close to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico and Las Cruces, New Mexico. It’s a very unique place to live which is why I blog about it a lot.
*How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
Life of an El Paso Woman was started on February 25, 2015. I began the blog after writing in my childhood friend’s (Ryan Loera) blog for a couple of months. Before working with Ryan, I took a five-year break from writing. Aside from blogging, I also work as a freelance writer. I’ve worked on various projects with other blogs, publications and marketing companies. I plan on writing a book or two (who knows, maybe more?) in the near future.
*What are you most proud of? I’m proud of being one of the first women in my family to graduate with a bachelors degree in four years. I’m proud of raising my 10-year-old son as a single parent. I don’t do it all alone because I work full-time and write. My family helps me a lot with him. He is turning out to be a well-behaved young man.
*What are your blogging goals? I started this blog to practice my writing skills. I plan on including more local people, places, events and lots more! El Paso continues to grow! I’m not only saying this because I’m from here but…there’s a lot of musical and artistic talent in the 915. I’ve always enjoyed supporting local everything as much as I possibly can. I want the world to know more about the sixth largest city in Texas. I also want readers to know more about the Hispanic culture.
*How do you spend your free time? I spend time with loved ones, writing, watching sports and movies, gardening and reading. Go Dallas Cowboys! 😀
*Nominate 1-8 blogs that you feel deserve the award and provide links.
* Provide 5 random facts about yourself (optional) I can’t think of anything right now.
* List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here).
* Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and provide a link for them to your post.